Thank you for your interest in becoming a Cats at the Studios, Inc. Community Foster parent! Please take a moment to read the policies and requirements below, then fill out the form to apply.
COMMUNITY FOSTER AGREEMENT
By entering into a partnership with CATS AT THE STUDIOS, INC. (hereinafter referred to as ‘CATS, INC.’), you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement as outlined below:
1. I am making a commitment to provide love, safety, and care for all animal(s) I am placing through CATS, INC. until they are adopted into permanent homes. I understand that this may take weeks or even months, depending on the age and temperament of the cat(s).
2. I understand that CATS, INC. may rescind this agreement for failure to comply with any provision herein or any other CATS, INC. policy or procedure, at which time clause 12(b) shall become effective.
3. I have disclosed all pertinent information about the cat(s)/kitten(s) that may impact its adoption including but not limited to behavioral problems, pre-existing medical problems, socialization problems, or litterbox problems.
4. I understand that the cat(s) I am placing through CATS, INC. must be tested for FeLV/FIV (Feline Leukemia and Aids) and spayed or neutered at my own expense. I understand that I am also responsible for any additional extraordinary medical expenses incurred for my community foster cat until it has found a permanent home.
5. I will keep the cats I am fostering indoors at all times.
6. I agree to provide at my own expense, food, litter, Advantage for fleas and all other supplies relating to adequate and appropriate care. CATS, INC. will provide basic medical care, including and limited to, vaccinations, deworming for roundworms (Strongid) and tapeworms (Drontal). Any outstanding medical care due to conditions pre-existing or subsequent to my partnership with CATS, INC. will be discussed with CATS, INC. Board Members.
7. I will not put my animal(s) up for adoption until they are healthy and sterilized. Kittens can be spayed or neutered at a minimum of 2-1/2 pounds in weight (approximately 10-12 weeks old). Under no circumstances will I adopt out a cat or kitten through CATS, INC. until it has been spayed or neutered.
8. I will abide by the policies established by CATS, INC. with regard to what constitutes a suitable home.
9. I will transport or arrange for transportation of my kitten(s)/cat(s) to weekend adoption events regularly until they are adopted.
10. If I choose to attend an adoption event, I will abide by the same guidelines regarding arrival, set-up, breakdown, adoption screening, etc. adhered to by other CATS, INC. volunteers.
11. I will keep up-to-date medical records of all medical care and bring copies of the records with the animal to all adoptions including but not limited to: dates of vaccinations, type (present label on vaccine vial), proof of FeLV/FIV testing and result (negative or positive), spay or neuter certificate from vet’s office and any other medical chart notes describing pre-existing medical conditions and treatment. I understand my foster cats must be healthy before attending adoption events with no sneezing, respiratory disease, runny eyes, ringworm, diarrhea, fleas, worms or parasites, spay or neutered and presentable.
12. If I am no longer able to foster my cat(s)/kitten(s), I will either:
a) Make arrangements for my cat(s) and/or kitten(s) to be fostered by another individual who is not already a CATS, INC. Foster or Community Foster until they are placed in permanent homes, AND
b) Reimburse CATS, INC. for all medical care provided to my animal(s) and place them via different sources.
13. If my kitten(s)/cat(s) are given up in the future by their adopter, I agree to accept them back into my home to foster until they are placed again.
14. I understand that CATS, INC. determines the amount of the adoption fee for cats and retains all adoption fees. The Adoption Contract covers necessary medical care for an additional 14 days (terms and conditions apply). Adoption fees help offset potential expense and pay the way forward to help other rescue cats and kittens in need.